Effective Date: March 15, 2021
La Aurora collects personally identifiable information from you, which may include your name, company name, e-mail address, country, zip code, birthday, preferred cigar and any other information you may provide to us when you post a comment on our news blogs. This information is collected and stored electronically when you contact us through the Site, post a comment on any of our news blogs or subscribe to our newsletter. We may also collect information about you, such as your name, address and/or e-mail address from our resale distributors when you purchase our products through them to provide you with information about our products that we think may be of interest to you.
Information Collected Automatically
Information about your computer hardware and software may automatically be collected by La Aurora when you use the Site. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information. We may also collect information about how you interact with the Site. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Site, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Site and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Site.
How Information is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Site to you and to improve the Site;
- to operate and improve the products we offer, and to give each user a more consistent experience when interacting with us;
- to provide you with information about our products that we think may be of interest to you;
- to send you newsletters;
- for customer service, security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Site; and
- to communicate with you.
Sharing of Information
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We may share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Site or assist us in providing functionality on the Site, or to send out our newsletters.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer or assign information, including your personal information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization, liquidation, change in control or other sale by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
La Aurora does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
Links to External Websites
Security Used & Retention of Personal Information
La Aurora uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. While La Aurora does not publish your e-mail address when you post a comment to our news blogs, any other information you include in your comment, including your name, will be published on the Site. It is your responsibility to not post or submit anything you do not wish to be viewable to the general public.
We will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Site that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation.
Do Not Track
Our Site does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of thirteen. No parts of our Site are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of thirteen.
Additional Information for EU Visitors
With respect to “personal data” as defined by Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”) that you may provide to us through the Site, we serve as the “controller.”
If you are accessing the Site from the European Union, we will only transfer your personal information outside of the European Union through the use of appropriate safeguards. We process personal information to pursue our legitimate business interest to operate the Site and as described in the section titled “How Information is Used” above. To learn more about with whom we share your personal information please refer to the section titled “Sharing of Information” above.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulation. Copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted will remain in our systems if applicable law requires us to retain it.
You have a right to access your personal information, rectify inaccurate personal information kept about you, request the erasure of personal information and to request that we restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to access your personal information, please contact us at the contact information provided below in writing, and allow reasonable time for the data to be collected. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Contact Information; Questions and Changes in Information
Notification of Changes
Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
Duration of Cookies. We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a user to reject cookies or to alert a user when a cookie is placed on the user’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Site.