In face of adversity, we better gather our strength and move on. That is why, despite the Covid-19 pandemic, we wanted to continue with what we love best: taking our cigars and the tobacco culture around the world. As it was impossible for Manuel Inoa to visit different countries to spread his wisdom and make our products known, we have reinvented ourselves. His already famous tour of multiple markets has become a virtual tour.
Through Zoom videoconference platform, we have been able to present our latest release, La Aurora 107 Nicaragua, to different markets. We have also explained the characteristics of other cigars in our range, such as La Aurora 115 Aniversario or the rum E. León Jimenes 110 Aniversario. And, as usual, Manuel Inoa has also answered doubts from fans and beginners in the world of Premium cigars.
Virtual Events via Zoom
Specifically, Manuel has offered tastings and virtual seminars to the following markets in Europe:
- Master Class on La Aurora 115 Aniversario for the Spanish market. This meeting, in “webinar” format (a master class in which the attendees do not see each other, only those who teach and moderate the event), was held on May 9th. It was attended by tobacconists, smokers’ clubs and smokers invited by tobacconists.
- Master Class on La Aurora 107 Nicaragua for the Italian market. This event, held in “meeting” format (with the participation and face-to-face intervention of attendees and hosts), was attended by retailers, smokers’ clubs, journalists, bloggers and smokers. It was held on May 10th.
- Master Class on La Aurora 107 Nicaragua for Arnold André’s team in Germany. This “meeting” was held on May 14thto introduce the new cigar to the distributor in Germany.
- Pairing of La Aurora 115 Aniversario with rum E. León Jimenes 110 Aniversario, with the International Association of Cigar Sommeliers (IACS). Also, in “meeting” format, it was held on May 29th. La Aurora 115 Aniversario was paired with rum E. León Jimenes 110 Aniversario, coffee and chocolate.
- Master Class on La Aurora 107 Nicaragua for the panel of smokers of “Cigar Journal”. It was held on May 30th. It was also held in “meeting” format so that attendees were able to inquire our master blender directly about the new cigar.
- Master Class on La Aurora 107 Nicaragua for the Spanish market. In this second event with the Spanish market, the new cigar was presented. Tobacconists, consumers, and journalists have attended. It was held on June 9th, this time in “meeting” format (the first was a “webinar”).
- Smoking with the Spanish smokers’ club, Club Momento Humo. Manuel Inoa explained to these experts the characteristics of La Aurora 107 Nicaragua in a “meeting” held on June 12th.
- Master Class on La Aurora 107 Nicaragua for the German market. At this “meeting”, held on June 16th, Manuel Inoa presented our latest release to German retailers and consumers.
Master Class on La Aurora 115 Aniversario for the Swiss market. At this “meeting”, held on June 24th, our master blender described to Swiss retailers and experts the cigar that celebrates the 115thanniversary of La Aurora
With these events, we have reached about 800 people. 85% of the attendees were specialized retailers, 10% were clubs and journalists and 5% were consumers. Additionally, Manuel Inoa held a talk on the “Burkina The Revist” blog Instagram account (June 10th). But this does not end here, new digital meetings are already planned: again, with Germany and Switzerland, and with Russia.
Online tour in the Dominican Republic
For the local market, we have held the following “meetings” with Manuel Inoa as master of ceremonies, also via Zoom:
- Virtual private tasting via Zoom in collaboration with Cigar Crew. It took place on June 11th.
- Pairing guided by Manuel Inoa of the cigars Fernando León Robusto, La Aurora 1495 Número 4 and rum E. León Jimenes 110 Aniversario. Held via Zoom and in collaboration with Cigar World on June 17th.
- Paired by our master blender of La Aurora 115 Aniversario Belicoso and La Aurora 107 Robusto with our rum. Also, a “meeting” via Zoom held on June 19th, in conjunction with Importadora Poter.
- Special tasting of La Aurora Preferidos Broadleaf Robusto and La Aurora 107 Robusto. Held with Cameroon Cigars on June 24th.
- Exclusive pairing of La Aurora 115 Robusto with our super premium rum E. León Jimenes 110 Aniversario. This “meeting” was held on June 26thin collaboration with Vocatus.
Seven other events are scheduled for July in the Dominican Republic.
In the United States, Manuel Inoa had an interesting talk with William Cooper, the founder of the Cigar Coop blog. It was held on June 18ththrough Facebook Live.