From 14 to 17 June, we have celebrated our first Sales Convention in Spain. A large number of our major distributors from around the world attended the event, which started with a welcome cocktail in Madrid. The next day, both distributors and the La Aurora team moved to Peñafiel (Valladolid), a town in one of the most important wine regions of Spain, Ribera de Duero.
We wanted to celebrate the event in a vinicultural environment due to the similarities between wine production and cigar manufacturing. In both activities, time and respect for the processes, as well as the land, the seeds, the plants, the climate and the crops, are all key players in contributing for the premium quality of both wine and cigars.
So, we chose this location both for its beautiful landscapes sprinkled with vineyards, and for the exquisite products of its land, especially wine with the Designation of Origin Ribera del Duero. Over 1,200 brands produce wine under this designation, which is a guarantee of exceptional quality. We had a chance to see firsthand the production processes at three of the major wineries in the region: Pago de Carraovejas, Protos, and Emilio Moro.
In this first Sales Convention, we have informed our distributors about our new releases:
- La Aurora 107 Cosecha 2007, to be released in August.
- La Aurora 107 Nicaragua, that can be sold after October.
- La Aurora 107 Zeppelin, already available on the markets.
- La Aurora Preferidos Hors d’Age 2018, whose boxes will be on the market in August. Pitchers will not be available until October.
- La Aurora Original Blend 1985 Maduro, which has already been released.
- León Jimenes Serie 300 Cameroon, available in August.